Friday, July 31, 2015

200TH BLOG SPECTACULAR!! (Not really)



Holy shit.

So this is my 200th blog entry on this fucking thing huh? I really can't believe I've done that many. Granted I started doing this like five fucking years ago, so I'm actually probably kinda long overdue I guess...but sometimes real life gets in the way (and it did and still does) and I just had to step away from this bullshit for a while.

Now that we're here at 200, I think that this is the time to do some reflection...mostly at what things are becoming currently here, and what I want them to become in the long term. In the beginning, I talked about all kinds of bullshit that interested me: hockey, video games, comics, comic book movies, and of course the horror genre. My interest in a number of those things has seriously deteriorated over the past couple years or so, so I've decided to mainly focus on horror bullshit because that's really one of the few things I have left that I really feel passionate about these days.

Now as much as I love the horror genre and (nearly) everything about it, I realize this isn't everyone's cup of tea, and that's totally fine. I've always been torn as to wanting to utilize this kind of thing to make a name for myself or just do this for therapeutic reasons...but I've kind of hit a crossroads lately in terms of that. I want to branch out into other things besides having to type assorted bullshit and lists about things that a majority of people have no idea what the fuck I'm talking about...but at the same time, branching out is fucking terrifying. I know what I'm good at, and I know what I want to talk about the most, so the horror biz stuff isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Anyway, I'm exploring some options at the moment in terms of how to make this whole thing evolve. Whether it be through videos or changing up the style of how I do this shit (and yes, I've gotten quite sick of Blogger...there I said it), we'll just have to wait and see what happens until some things in my personal life get settled, and I know where I stand to really start making this thing move forward.

In the meantime, I'm happy to say that some other projects I've either had a hand in or am just a part of appear to be taking off. I can't say anything about them yet, but when I can, this and Facebook is where I'll be announcing them. It's nice to finally see something come to fruition that has my name attached to it in some way that doesn't involve me getting arrested for a change.

In terms of you fine people, my audience, I want to hear more from all you. Whether it be in the comments section here, or on the Nick's Nonsense & Nightmares page, or even on my own personal Facebook page; please sound off on what you want to see and/or feel free to give any thoughts and advice. I know I don't have a gigantic audience, and that's quite alright...I'd rather be known in circles I respect than have widespread recognition any day of the fucking week.

So yeah, that's it for 200 blogs. No big song & dance or anything, just me shitting all this out right here for...well, for shits and giggles. I want to thank you all from the bottom of my cold, black heart for sticking with me, reading my material, following me on Facebook, buying my shit on Kindle, and overall supporting me in every single way imaginable that you have. I love you all, and I'm glad that all of you sexy bastards seem to enjoy me for some odd reason.

See y'all in the funnybooks folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment